October 2021 Webinar
No More Excuses: Ten Tips to Finally Write that Family History
- Presenter: Lisa Alzo
- Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- Time: 7:00 PM Central
- Webinar Description: Often the most difficult part of writing a family history is getting started. If you feel stuck due to information overload, lack of time, or writer’s block, you are not alone. In this webinar, learn ten simple tips to stop procrastinating and start writing! The session will cover: * How to organize your project with outlines and storyboards * Tips for overcoming writer's block * Starting your story and engaging your reader * Methods for sticking to a writing schedule.
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7273287421354357261
2021 Virtual Fall Seminar
Genealogy Bringing Us Back Together Again
Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG, FOGS
October 9, 2021
2021 Virtual Fall Preconference
It's Not All Online!
A 2021 Fall Seminar Preconference Workshop with
Lori B. Bessler
Friday, October 8th
Check Out the 2021 WSGS Webinar Series!
The Wisconsin State Genealogical Society is proud to present our 2021 Webinar series! The lineup features some of your favorite webinar presenters from the past, as well as several new speakers, covering a wide variety of topics including resources, methodology, tools, various ethnic groups, and how to prepare for the release of the 1950 U.S. Federal Census!
DNA Boot Camp
WSGS is proud to present a series of webinars available to members on our website, the
DNA Boot Camp Webinar Series
Mary Eberle and Thomas MacEntee
The DNA Boot Camp is a series of 12 webinars giving a basic introduction to genetic genealogy, discussing some of the most popular websites currently being used, and how to use DNA as evidence in your research. The webinars include:
• Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
• Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
• GEDMatch — Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
• Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence — A Case Study
• Using X-DNA for Genealogical Research
• X-DNA Case Studies
• Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
• AncestryDNA Hands-On Exercises
• Intepreting Your FamilyTreeDNA Results
• Interpreting Your 23andMe Results
• Researching Difficult DNA Matches
• Understanding Ethnicity Estimates
To access the DNA Boot Camp, log into your WSGS member account and a link will be available under the Webinars tab.
We hope you enjoy this membership benefit!
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Our Products Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Visit our online store today for these and more WSGS products!
You also can help the Society out by checking out the Support WSGS page!
Find Us on Facebook and Twitter Too!
GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodShop interface? See the GoodShop
page for more details!
PO Box 5106
Madison, WI 53705-0106