December 2016 Webinar
Eight Common Mistakes That Genealogists Make and How to Avoid Them
- Presenter: Donald Schnitzler
- Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2016
- Time: 7:00 PM CST
- Webinar Description: This program highlights some of the common mistakes made by genealogists researching their family history as well as strategies that help overcome them. Discussion topics include basic research methodologies (alternate records selection tables), documenting and citing sources, use of research logs, and planning for the future.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize and Avoid common mistakes made in genealogical research
- Strategize for the best approach to finding the missing pieces of genealogical information
- Discuss and Apply elements of the Genealogical Proof Standard
- Acknowledge and Analyze inevitable contradictions in and between family records
- Consider possible approaches to “passing on” genealogical work
- Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3558432315931053058
After registering, you will receive an email with information and a link to join us the night of the webinar and handout information. Please remember that this is a first come first served webinar. Registering does not hold a spot for you. Those that log in first will be admitted to the webinar.
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Items Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Order your copy today!
You also can support WSGS by checking out Support WSGS in the tabs on the left hand side of the website.
Find Us on Facebook Too!
GoodSearch and GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodSearch and GoodShop interface? See the GoodSearch
page for more details!
Donate to WSGS!
You can donate any amount to the Wisconsin State Genealogical Society through the Donate button below. If you'd like to specify what your donation should be spent on, please indicate that in the "Add Special Instructions to the Vendor" box. THANK YOU!!